CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 17, 2011

Thread Organizer

I picked up this "special" piece on one of my very first thrifting trips - and apparently I got carried away with my new-found hobby - because on a number of occasions, I'd pass it in the garage and wonder why on earth I got it - what on earth I'd do with it - or where on earth I'd put it!!!

Then one day - as I looked in this drawer:

Then searched around on the internet for ideas, I found THIS and the inspiration flowed!

First I had to remove the bulletin board part & hardware - then glue some of the frame edges together again - spray paint the frame white - spray the hardware black - cover the bulletin board piece with fabric and staple it secure - put it all back together - hammer nails in at an angle - and hang!!!

Once I started adding all my thread and bobbins, I realized it was just not big enough!

So luckily I had a long frame sitting in a closet waiting for just this moment!!!

NO MORE messy thread & bobbin drawer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment