CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 13, 2011

Preserving Memories

Drum Roll . . . . . . the much anticipated JOURNALS!!!

A few months ago I had a POST about a love-letter portfolio I made for a friend of mine . . . well, while planning and anticipating our Pioneer Trek, Dan and I decided to give each of our pioneer children a journal - and that portfolio became the inspiration. I used Tim Holtz Grungeboard and sewed the newsprint pages to the binding. I added a pocket for each day we would be on the trek in case they wanted to put in notes, photos, or other memorabilia. On our last day, we passed them around our little pioneer family and had everyone write something in each journal. It's a keepsake I hope our "children" will look back on with fondness. The one pictured is mine and I absolutely cherish it.

I have made more and added them to my Etsy shop. They are slightly different than the ones I made specifically for the trek, but a few have the same floral images - and I named some of them after of our pioneer children.

This "project" is by far one of my favorite and most meaningful!



No comments:

Post a Comment