CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Consumption: not the lethal kind!

For the last few months, I have been consumed with preparations for the youth pioneer trek that Dan and I recently participated in as a ma & pa. Aside from all the collecting and preparing our "family's" camping gear, practicing dutch oven cooking, and increasing my walking stamina - I sewed. And sewed. And sewed. And dabbled in other crafts as well. I tallied up all the stuff I made, not just for myself, but to donate to others:

2 dresses
10 bonnets
7 aprons
6 men's shirts
1 skirt
9 journals (additional post forthcoming)
1 crocheted shawl
altered 1 pair of bloomers

No wonder I did nothing else but breathe pioneer stories for an extended period of time!
The trek was an AMAZING experience! I myself have Mormon Pioneer heritage - so living this experience made me grateful, reflective and amazed. And unlike many of the young women on the trek - I really did like dressing up!!!

Here are my own two pioneer outfits:

1 comment: