CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Love Letters Portfolio

A couple of years ago - a good friend of mine was celebrating her 30th wedding anniversary - and wanted to give a special gift to her wonderful husband. She asked for my help in finding a way to collect and preserve all their love letters - it had to be masculine enough and work for the different sized letters & cards . . . and well, I got very nervous! There aren't many things I do that don't get some spark of inspiration, however small, from something else I've seen . . . but this one - this one was mine. And it happens to be one of my very favorites! I used Tim Holtz's "grungeboard" paper for the two covers and binding, used some elastic ribbon . . . did some inner pockets and sewed them together. It turned out really great - and even better - they both really appreciated it!
This one I loved so much that I actually did make one for myself and my loved one - to put our letters, emails and even our mix CD in!

No comments:

Post a Comment