CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Thrifting Addict!!!

I tell ya!!! The nerve of some people!!! There are these AH-mazing thrifters / repurposers / decorators / goddesses out there - who have the nerve to blog about their AH-mazing talents and projects . . . and I'm hooked!!! They'll find these cheesy / tacky / ugly / horrible items, throw on some paint or fabric and voila! They are gorgeous masterpieces that I want in my home!

See what I'm talking about:
Idol #1
Idol #2
Idol #3
Idol #4
Idol #5
OK - you get the idea!!!

So . . . my garage is now a full-on thrift store / work-shop / paint studio!!! I have plans to try out a few (hundred) of the ideas I've run across from these AH-mazing women . . . I now know every thrift / vintage / antique / junk store in the Anchorage area . . . at least I hope I do - if there are little unknown secrets - please share!

One thing I've learned through my treasure hunting / beautifying is that I am HORRIBLE at taking BEFORE shots. WHY OH WHY???? Cuz I get the little beauty home and I can't wait to get started - I will try to do better!

THIS is a little chair I found at "Value Village" here in Anchorage - $6.50! It was silver metal and the (EW I just touched it!) seat was like those icky vinyl table cloths - complete with weird fuzzy back side!!!

All it takes is a bit of spray paint (my favorite is quickly becoming the 2X stuff they sell at Home Depot) and a little upholstery fabric with a 40% off JoAnn coupon!!!








Chair: $6.50
Paint: $3.95
Fabric: $4.94 (with plenty to spare!)

TOTAL: $15.39

Awesome price for an ADORABLE chair to go in my daughter's room!
Plus, I have plenty of pink spray paint and some left over fabric for another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment