CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 27, 2011

LDS Temple Magnet Board


I've used these metal roofing sheets before, but this project is my ultimate favorite!!! I work in the children's organization in my church and wanted to give a thank you to all those who serve and teach with me . . .

These metal sheets come in a couple different sizes - these are 5" x 7" I think and I got them at Lowe's . . . I've rounded the corners before with the amazing Zutter Round-it-All, however . . . the last project I did, I rounded probably 200 corners and needless to say the Round-it-All couldn't keep it up - so I used my husband's metal sheers and sanded any jagged or sharp edges.

I used printable, adhesive transparencies to print out the LDS Anchorage Temple - adhered them to the magnet boards and trimmed around the edges. Added eyelets with the Crop-A-Dile and hung with ribbon.

The magnets are made with small craft magnets, chipboard, Smooch Spritzers, iTopper Brad Maker, ribbon, buttons etc . . .

I ended up making something like 25 - then made an additional 7 for my mom, mother-in-law and sisters . . . all with their favorite temple picture.

I meant to make one for myself, but have moved on to other projects and haven't moved back!!
Ha ha ha!!

1 comment:

  1. Tonya, I absolutely love this! If you make anymore please keep me in mind, I would purchase one from you. :) Thanks for sharing, Azur'de

    ReplyDelete